Prizes of the contest The Woman in Cuban Music
En la tarde del 9 de julio de 2020 se reunió el jurado del concurso de historietas La Mujer en la Música cubana —convocado por Magazine AM:PM y Vitrina de Valonia—, integrado por Etienne Schréder, historietista belga; Alexander Izquierdo, dibujante cubano; Lysbeth Daumont, directora de Vitrina de Valonia; Rafa G. Escalona, director de Magazine AM:PM ; y Mayo Bous, ilustrador de dicha publicación.
After evaluating the narrative and graphic quality of the works presented, it was decided to award the following prizes:
1st Prize: “Rita Montaner”, by Adrián del Pino
2nd Prize: "I am the Cuban point", by Jennifer Ancizar
3rd Prize: "Tonight", by Remy Ramsés Hernández
Mención: “Lucy García Montalvo, la gran pianista cubana”, Amelia Sautié Oquendo (11 años)
Para futuros certámenes se recomienda a los autores:
- Before starting to experiment with page designs typical of other comic schools (Japanese, North American ...), use the most basic in order to increase fluency in storytelling.
- A comic book page can contain between five and 12 bullets.
- When referring to real characters, the details of the drawing must be taken care of, so that the reader can immediately identify the figure represented.
- Preferably, make the texts by hand, in block letters, or use a digital font that makes reading easier.
- Take into account spelling and writing, as well as consistency in the use of language.
- The title should not be part of the page design, as it can be included in the stem or on the presentation page of the comic.